Rahul Kumar (Guest Lecture at IIM-B for Business Analytics and Big Data Analytics Program)
Rahul Kumar is an alumnus of NIT Jaipur and IIM Bangalore. He has more than 13 years of experience spanning across software development, business consulting, analytical modelling and leading process improvement initiatives. He started his career in Information Technology sector and worked in companies like Satyam Computers, Nokia Siemens and Deloitte Consulting before venturing into his own business. He co-founded a start-up ARIMA Research in June 2014 and was involved in internal operations and consulting engagement for various clients till December 2015.
On the technical front, he works as a consultant at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and has executed several analytics projects for large corporates. His recent work in the field of analytics includes govt. of India funded research project on fraud analytics & credit scoring model for urban co-operative banks; predicting NPS for a reputed medical equipment manufacturer; predicting design issues for a leading US auto manufacturer. He has taken more than 250 sessions in R/Python, as a guest faculty, at IIM Bangalore and IIM Lucknow and equivalent number of sessions for working professionals in various corporates. Few of the prominent corporate clients,he has worked with includes General Electric, Cisco, Deloitte, United Health Group, HSBC, Numerify, Fidelity Investments, General Motors etc. He has also taken several sessions in engineering and management institutions wherein he engaged with graduates and post graduates students as well as with professors in several faculty development programs. He has presented papers in several national and international conferences. Few of the prominent ones are:
- • Consulting and training in Big Data, Hadoop, Spark Development. Have trained more than 1000 professionals on Big data, Hadoop, Spark and Data Science.
- • Invited talk on “Using Machine Learning Algorithms to Detect Earnings Manipulations” at 5thInternational ConferenceonBusiness Analytics and Intelligence, IIM Bangalore 11th-13th December 2017.
- • Paper on “Predicting Net Promoter Score (NPS) to Improve Patient Experience at Manipal Hospitals” published at Harvard Business Publishing, September 2017.
- • Paper on “Behavioral Modeling to Predict Renege” published at Harvard Business Review, January 2016.
- • Paper Presentation at CMMI conference organized by CMMI Institute, 10-11 Dec 2014 at Shenzhen, China.
- • Paper Publication and Presentation at 6th International ITSM Conference organized by QAI Global Services in Bangalore, August 2013.
- • Paper Presentation at SEPG Europe conference organized by SEI | Carnegie Mellon University, 5-7 June 2012 at Madrid, Spain.
He has also undergone workshop on the usage of statistical models and techniques from ISI Bangalore. His other certifications include DB2 certification from IBM and ISO 9001:2008 lead auditor certification by DNV India.